- 0 :-
Watch this product and we will notify you once it is back in stock.
Spår: H0 Epok: VI
Märklin 39260 ( SBB ) " Röda pilen " Eldriven motorvagn class RAe 4/8 " Churchill Arrow " Nyhet 2021
Trix 2-rälsversion under artikelnummer 25260
Prototype: Swiss Federal Railways (SBB) class RAe 4/8 "Churchill Arrow" electric double powered rail car. Used as a charter train for excursion and business runs. Fire red basic paint scheme. Powered rail car road number RAe 4/8 1021. The unit looks as it currently does in real life.
- Completely new tooling.
- Factory-installed interior lighting.
- Can be switched to a red marker light.
- Cab lighting can be controlled digitally.
- Table lamps can be controlled digitally.
- Running authorization lights can be controlled digitally.
- "World of Operation" mfx+ decoder with a variety of light and sound functions.
Model: The locomotive has an mfx+ digital decoder and extensive sound and light functions. It also has controlled high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel. Both axles in the external truck of Vehicle Part 1 are powered. Traction tires. The unit has a Swiss headlight / marker light code of triple headlights and one white marker light, which change over with the direction of travel, will work in conventional operation, and can be controlled digitally. The light code can be switched to a red marker light. The model has factory-installed interior lighting, which will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. The cab lighting can also be controlled digitally. The table lamps can be controlled digitally. Maintenance-free, warm white and red LEDs are used for the lighting. Four external truck frames are included to replace the current frames for use on large radius curves or displays. Length over the buffers approximately 53 cm / 20-7/8".
The Double Red Arrow was used 75 years ago in 1946 to transport Winston Churchill as a state guest through Switzerland, which thereby gave the Double Arrow the nickname "Churchill Arrow".
This model can be found in a DC version in the Trix H0 assortment under item number 25260.
- New items brochure 2021
The current class RAe 4/8 1021 ("Double Red Arrow") acquired its unforgettable fame in 1946, when the train was made available to the former British prime minister at that time for his painting vacation on Lake Geneva. Since then, this train has become known as "Churchill Arrow" thanks to its runs with Sir Winston Churchill. Churchill visited among others Bern and Zürich, where he was greeted by the cheering population. On September 19, 1946, Churchill gave a visionary speech at the University of Zürich, in which he called for the establishment of a kind of United States of Europe with his key sentence, "Let Europe arise." Even before it was put into operation, the double red powered rail car planned for business trips was presented in 1939 at the unforgettable "Landi" national exhibition in Zürich as road number Re 4/8 301 (starting in 1948 as road number RBe 4/8 651, starting in 1959 as road number RAe 4/8 1021). SLM (mechanical parts), SWS (interiors) as well as the three electrical firms BBC, MFO, and SAAS (all electrical parts) participated in the building of the unit. No technically new territory was attempted in order to produce a reliable unit in as short a construction time as possible. Recourse was had to already familiar parts and construction methods as much as possible from the single-unit "Red Arrow" recently placed into service. The double powered rail car consists of two equally long cars independent of each other, each with two two-axle trucks, of which the inner one in each case is equipped with one motor each per wheelset. A large part of the electrical equipment and auxiliary systems such as transformers, controls, compressors, and brake equipment was installed in the low hoods. However, the special controls using so-called "Wander Transformers" always caused problems with longer layovers in the Zürich main workshops responsible for the unit. After 1946, the train was henceforth called "Churchill Arrow" and continued in use for excursions and special runs in Switzerland until it suffered damage from a fire in 1979 and later was sold for scrap. In 1996, the Mittelthurgau Railroad (MThB) acquired the unit and it was overhauled with newer electrical components. Due to the insolvency of the MThB, the "Churchill Arrow" ended up back in the hands of the SBB in 2002. Since then, it has been used as an operational component of SBB passenger service. It is the oldest powered rail car on the railroad. It is used around 50 to 70 times a year and it accumulates about 20,000 km / 12,500 miles per year as part of custom charter runs and public adventure trips.